Monday 9 October 2017

Three Random Things Vol.23

Dear Readers,


Almost exactly 2 years ago was my last post about Three Random Things. And it was about Durga Puja. So I thought this would be a good time to revive the series, now that the 2017 Durga Puja concluded a week ago.




For this week my three random questions are.... based on fasting. Why? well lots of fasting  festivals during this time of the year.... Just a random thought that struck me.

Q1. Do you fast for faith or health or any other random reason?





Answer: I fast fast for faith. I have dedicated Friday's to my chosen deity and I eat cereals (rice/wheat based food) only once that day. Through that day I eat only fruits, milk and a fist full of mixed nuts. I feel it helps instil a sense of discipline and I'm not munching just any thing that I can get my hands on. Perhaps it makes me eat healthy that one day.






Q2. Have you ever gone on a complete fast, avoiding even water?




Answer: Yes, once. I was in college and decided to challenge myself on Kali Puja (New Moon day in October/November) also known as Diwali. This fast requires the nothing, not even water will pass your lips. This fast begins just before sunrise on that day and continues through the day, into the night and into the wee hours of the next morning till the Kali Puja rituals are concluded which could be about 2.00 am. So a total of almost 24 hrs. To say the least it was exhausting and I have never tried it again.

Q3. What tempts you most if you are fasting (by choice or by force)?




Answer: Cake. Rich chocolate cake.....

I tag you to answer these questions. You may answer one, two or all three. Please answer in the comments section below. 

Q1. Do you fast for faith or health or any other random reason?
Q2. Have you ever gone on a complete fast, avoiding even water?
Q3. What tempts you most if you are fasting (by choice or by force)?

Think and Stay Beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment