Wednesday 3 February 2016

Product Review: Za Total Hydration Face Wash


Hi Everyone!

Let's do a quick review of a lovely face wash by Za. Now, Za is a line of products developed by Shiseido, a Japanese beauty care brand. Shiseido is one of the oldest personal care brands in the world. Za is a budget range that was launched a sometime in the middle of 2015 in India.

TOTAL HYDRATION FOAMY CLEANSER FRESH
Product Price: INR 299/- for 100gms of product

List of Ingredients:


Product Claim:

  • A Refreshing cleansing foam that polishes the skin to form a clear complexion.
  • Cleanses impurities while retaining vital moisture for clear skin
  • Removes excess sebum and pore-clogging impurities
  • Fine textured, rich foam gently covers the skin while cleansing.


My Take on the Product:

Za Total Hydration Face Wash comes in a baby pink, plastic squeeze tube. It has a flip-top cap which I like since it is leak-proof. The product has a creamy texture and contains these tiny blue particles. They are not very abrasive and are far too gentle to be exfoliating. It has a very gentle, nearly imperceptible fragrance

True to promise, the product foams up really well and a tiny bit goes a long way. Just take a pea-sized amount add a few drops of water and rub your hands together for a rich lather. For the Japanese its a complete no-no to be rubbing your facial skin directly with your fingers. The idea is to gently massage the foam on the skin. 

The face wash is quite gentle yet takes off all the grime that collects on the face. However, it is not entirely effective when it comes to waterproof makeup. So if I have that on, I first remove the makeup with relevant cleansers and then follow it up with this Za face wash.

The product does not leave my skin dry, but it does feel a wee bit stretchy if I do not follow up with a moisturiser. I have oily skin with a few dry patches, so I wonder how this product will fare on dry-skinned beauties. 

What I like best about this face wash, is that it does not have any of the regular nasties like parabens or SLS. So that's a huge plus for me.

Interesting update: Za products were easily available in online stores like nykaa.com and fabbag.com, but as I was writing out this post I realised, they weren't available here anymore. However, amazon.com and flipkart.com did seem to have them. I wonder....

Pros:

  1. Convenient, spill proof packaging
  2. Lightly scented
  3. Creamy texture.
  4. Non-abrasive cleansing particles.
  5. High foam
  6. Little product goes a long way.
  7. Takes off daily grime.
  8. Did not strip my skin of moisture.
  9. No Parabens and SLS.
  10. Reasonable price point.
Cons: 
  1. Not very effective on water-proof/long-lasting makeup.
  2. Can dry out already dry skin.
  3. Was available easily online, but not anymore.
Overall Verdict: 4.75/5 

I have loved using Za Total Hydration Face Wash and am looking to buy again once I use up the product.

Have you used this product? How did it fare on you? Let me know in the comments section below...

Think and Stay Beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment