Tuesday 17 November 2015

My Envy Box: November 2015 Edition

Hello All!!

I got the November 2015 Edition of My Envy Box yesterday. To be honest, I was not entirely happy about the curation this month. Read on the know why....

This month's box is a light pista green in colour with a very pretty floral graphic on the lid.






Nimai Handcrafted Bracelet
Honestly, I don't really like jewellery in beauty boxes. They tend to be of pretty poor quality and not really to my taste. So this product did not make me too happy.



Derma Glow Radiance Perfecting Treatment
Product Price: INR 990/- for 10 ml
Sample Size in Box: 10 ml

Curious...... the accompanying card mentions that this is part of the last batch of DermaGlow products coming into India... why last batch? Is the brand winding down? However, initial application seems promising. Let's see how it works out.....

I tried locating the product on the website (myenvybox.com) but it isn't there..


Bioderma Sensibio H2O
Product Price: INR 599/- on Amazon.in and Nykaa.com ; INR 550/- on Flipkart.com and 
Sample Size in Bag: 10x3=30ml

Bioderma is a really great brand and I have tried their foaming gel earlier and was saw really positive results. I have tried micellar cleansers by Vichy and Nuxe and I'm sure Bioderma Sensibio H2O will fare well, but I would have really liked a larger sized sample. Again, this product is not available on the website at this time.....




Chloe Eau de Toilette
Product Price: INR 4900/-
Sample Size in Box: 1.2 ml

This is a lovely perfume that smells of roses. I had received this as a sample when I had bought a perfume at an airport duty free counter. I loved it then, and am not complaining about this sample.


Wella SP Luxe Oil Reconstructive Elixir
Product Price: INR 1,250/- for 30 ml on Amazon.com; INR2099/- on Paytm and INR 1250/- on eBay.in
Sample Size in Box: 2x2=4ml

This product is also currently unavailable on the website.

I'm wondering, most beauty subscriptions offer 10-20% discounts on full size products whose samples they curate in the current month. In this My Envy Box disappoints. The website offers a flat INR 100/- off on purchases. The accompanying card in the Box says a gift pack worth INR 3000/- will be given for a bill if INR 5000/- or above.

Overall Verdict: On the whole disappointing.. both in terms of curation, lack of any full sized product, lack of availability of a number of featured products on own website and lack of product specific discounts. Also the Card does not mention prices of the full sized products. So all in all seems like a very carelessly thrown together box, falling far short of its promise. I saw some other reviews and everyone seems to be feeling quite let down!

Team My Envy Box, you can do better!!

My Envy Box is a subscription service which brings you 5 trial sized beauty products (typically 2ml-10ml) from the top international luxury and prestige brands delivered to your door step every month. Priced at INR 850/- for a month, it may be subscribed for 3, 6, or 12 months. You may subscribe to this service HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment