Saturday 14 November 2015

Lazy Girl's Guide to a Weekly Home Facial

Hey Everyone!!

I haven't done a skin care post in a long while. I think, mainly because I'm guilty of being pretty lazy about regular skin care myself.....



However, what I'm about to share with you is something I like to do on a regular basis, though I do get lazier sometimes and miss a couple of times....

Ok, here goes...

Step 1: Cleansing

Use your favourite face cleanser or face wash to get all the make up and grime out. Now that winters are approaching, I like to use the Vichy Purete Thermale Calming Cleansing Solution, its less drying. Click HERE for  detailed review.

Vichy Purete Thermale Calming Cleansing Solution


Step 2: Scrub

The second step is to scrub your facial skin. Take care not to rub you skin too hard. A light hand and 5 minutes is all you need. Scrubbing is said to remove the layer of dead skin cells from the surface and allows newer cells to emerge. It apparently helps in faster regeneration of skin cells.

 Currently I'm loving Nature's Co.'s Coffee Face Scrub. The lovely aroma of coffee feels really warm and wintery.

Wash off the scrub when you are done. Do not towel dry your face yet.



Step 3: Massage
This is an extra step I do in dry, winter months. Take a bit of your favourite massage cream and apply over your wet facial skin. Massage with a light hand till you feel the cream disappearing into your skin. I am using the Just Herbs Herbal Nourishing Massage Cream. You may use the Chizu Saeki methos of facial massage  as seen here:


Just Herbs Herbal Nourishing Massage Cream


Step 4: Face Pack
This step is about Settling it all in with a mace mask or pack. It is said that during the first three steps opens up the pores of the skin, the face pack is supposed to bring your pores back to their normal size/shape. For this step I'm currently using the SeaSoul Dead Sea Facial Mud Mask. Its a clay pack which helps soak up the excess oils that's been pumped into the skin during the facial massage. wash it off after about 15 minutes of sitting on your skin. Do not let a clay based mask dry completely on your skin.




Step 5: Toner

Toning is supposed to sooth the skin after the cleansing process. I have also seen that products seem to sink into my skin better when I spritz on some toner before I moisturize. I do not like to wipe my face with a toner. I use a spray bottle to spritz some on and wait a minute or two before the next step. Currently I am using the Oriflame Pure Nature Soothing Toner with Aloe Vera and Arnica extracts




Step 6: Moisturize
The final step is moisturizing. Whether your skin is dry or oily or combination, we all need to moisturize. Since its drier weather now, I am using Naked Potion Lotion by Lisa Haydon. Click here for a detailed review of the product. I just love how it just sinks into my skin and maks it feel so good.


Well that's my lazy girls guide for now. Hope you liked it. 

Think and Stay Beautiful!

Disclaimer: None of the above photographs are mine. Guess I was lazy about composing the shots, so just got some stock images off the net...

No comments:

Post a Comment