Thursday 15 October 2015

In My Envy Box: October 2015 Second Anniversary Edition

Hello All!

Anniversaries seem to abound this time, two months ago it was FabBag celebrating its 3rd Anniversary and this month it is My Envy Box's turn. They are celebrating their second. 

My Envy Box had been building a lot of excitement around this month's curation through a number of emails in my inbox (I'm not all that regular on twitter/facebook ;P. So I really was looking forward to the October Edition. I was quite breathless with anticipation....So how do you think I reacted when the box finally came? Read on to find out....





This Month's packaging is an elegant white with pink accented flowers. The lady approves!



This is what came in my box. 



L'Occitane En Provence Arlesenne Shower Cream
Product Price: INR 490/- for 70 ml
Sample Size in Box: Full Size

I could smell this product even before opening the box! Its a rich a luxurious fragrance of rose, sweet velvet and saffron. I can't wait for my next shower!



Keratase ELIXIR ULTIME Sublime Cleansing Oil-Enriched Shampoo
Product Price: INR 750/- for 80 ml
Sample Size in Box: Full Size

Keratase is the professional hair care range from the house of L'Oreal, Paris. For the longest time I saw their products in the high end, luxury salons and spas. But in recent times, they have been available in retails shops specializing in luxury beauty products. My hair has been feeling like it could do with some specialization, so we'll see how this works for me.


Keratase ELIXIR ULTIME Hair Masque
Product Price: INR 1350/- for 75 gms 
Product Size in Box: Full Size

As I said just a while earlier, my hair in in need of a extra boost, I was thrilled to receive the masque along with the shampoo. These are high end and therefore not always easy to afford, so I'm glad the Envy Box team has sent these two products in a sizable..... size. I'll let you know what my hair tells me about this combo soon!



Za Total Hydration Amino Mineral Refreshing Gel
Product Price: INR 599/- for 50 ml
Sample Size in Box: 5ml

I have heard only good things about Za and I must admit, that I was a tad disappointed to see a tiny 5ml sample. Perhaps a 10 ml product would have made me happier. 



Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Strawberry
Product Price: INR 750/- for 2.6 gms
Sample Size in Bag: Full Size

To be really honest, I'm not sure I wanted another shimmery lip balm. So this product is going straight to my young college going niece. Don't get me wrong, Burt's Bees is a great brand, but this particular product, I wasn't particularly dying for......


My Envy Box has been quite  generous, of the five products in the Box this month, four are generous/full size.

Total Value: INR 3400/-. A great deal against a cost of INR 850/- for the month's box. However, if you look at the bigger picture, My Envy Box's promotion promised products over INR 4000/-. So 600 bucks short. So do be careful about what you promise..

Overall Verdict: I would give an 4/10 half mark each lost for tiny Za sample and slightly misleading promotion.



My Envy Box is a subscription service which brings you 5 trial sized beauty products (typically 2ml-10ml) from the top international luxury and prestige brands delivered to your door step every month. Priced at INR 850/- for a month, it may be subscribed for 3, 6, or 12 months. You may subscribe to this service HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment