Wednesday 12 August 2015

Product Review: Avon Metallic Effects Nail Enamel in Jade Reflection

Hi Everyone!

Today I am reviewing a new nail polish launched by Avon India. Avon has a wide selection of nail paints at different price points. The new Metallic Effects range has just been launched in August 2015. It comes in five shades namely, Jade Reflection, Icy Purple, Foiled Chrome, Arctic Steel and Copper Gleam. Of these, I am reviewing the shade Jade Reflection. Let us see how the product fared on me...

Product Claim:

Avon's Metallic Effects Nail Enamel comes with


  • Ultra Reflective Mirror Shine Finish
  • Intense Metallic Polish
  • Chip Resistant
Product Price: INR 249/- for 8ml







 My Take on the Product

The Avon Metallic Effects Nail Enamel comes in a rectangular glass bottle with a black plastic cap. The brush has a good thickness and helps apply the product smoothly. The formula of the product itself is excellent. It is not thin and runny like many nail polishes. It is comfortably thick and gives true colour and opaque finish in one application. For the swatches here I have applied only one coat. I'm not so sure of the mirror finish, but its definitely has a beautiful metallish sheen to it. It really does catch the eye!

The product lasted well on my nails. Considering I had applied only one coat and no top coat, I could see fading on the tips after 4 days of wear. That too was quite imperceptible and would be visible on close and careful scrutiny. There was no chipping for almost 6 days. So, I would say, the product comes good on its promise.

All the colours in this range are really pretty. I know I will pick up more shades in this range.






Pros:

  1. Good packaging.
  2. Good brush, helps in smooth application.
  3. Few shades, but each one is really nice.
  4. True colour and opacity in one coat.
  5. Lasts for a good 4 days before fading at the tips.
  6. No chipping for 6 days.
Cons:
  1. I would have loved a lower price point..


Overall Verdict: 4.8/5. I've loved this Nail Enamel. And I'm buying more shades!!

Have you used Avon Metallic Effects Nail Enamel? Did you like it? Let me know in the comments section below..

No comments:

Post a Comment