Wednesday 1 July 2015

Product Review: Bioderma Sebium Gel Moussant for Oily/Combination Skin


Hi Everyone!


 Time for another quick product review. I have had very oily skin right from my teens  to well into my 30s. Its only in recent times that I see my skin drying out a bit and move more towards combination, where my T-Zone remains oily and the rest of my face are drier. I have also had my share of struggles with spots and pimples on a regular basis, specially in summer months…. Even today. I have tried face washes for oily skin, medicated ones for pimples, but nothing really helped. Instead I felt these face washes were stripping my skin of essential moisture.

Recently I received the Bioderma Sebium Gel Moussant: Purifying Foaming Cleansing Gel in one of the FabBags.

I have been using this product for 1 week and lets see how it fared on me.




 Product Claim:  

Sébium Gel moussant gently cleanses and is the only cleansing gel that limits the formation of blemishes thanks to the Fluidactiv® sebo-correcting complex, which biologically regulates sebum quality. 

Enriched with purifying agents, zinc sulfate and copper sulphate, Sébium Gel Moussant purifies the skin and limits sebaceous secretion.


List of Ingredients:  
AQUA/WATER/EAU, SODIUM COCOAMPHOACETATE, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, METHYLPROPANEDIOL, DISODIUM EDTA, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, ZINC SULFATE, COPPER SULFATE, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT, PEG-90 GLYCERYL ISOSTEARATE, LACTIC ACID, LAURETH-2, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). [BI 418]

Product Price: INR 1299/- for 200ml

My thoughts on the Product

Since mine is a sample, it comes in a paper and plastic blister pack. The front of the packaging is transparent. The product itself is light blue in colour. Its formulation is like a slightly runny gel. Very little product is needed for a thorough cleansing. I take a glob the size of the new Re 1 coin in my palm and rub it together to create the foam and apply it only face. The product does not foam a great deal, but cleans my face like a charm! It has a faint aqua fragrance that I like. The product leaves my facial skin feeling absolutely clean without that stretchy after feel. I could definitely see that one pimple on my face dry up quicker than usual. I’ve not sprouted any new ones, is it because of this product, or something else? I can’t say at this moment. But I’m definitely in love with this face wash!You do not need a lot of product. This 10 ml pack is still half full after 7days of use.

Buy here at: Nykaa.com and Flipkart.com

Pros: 
  1. Product from a brand well known for its skin care products. Popular the world over.
  2. Pleasant aqua fragrance
  3. Little goes a long way (very little product needed)
  4. Leaves skin feeling squeaky clean
  5. No dry, stretchy  after-feel.
  6. Paraben free!!
Cons: 
  1.  Contains SLS. 
Overall Verdict: 4.9/5. Its actually a great product! Even though it may seem a little pricey at INR 1299/- for 200 ml, it works out in the long run because you need so little of it for every wash. 200ml will last a looong while! This face wash has now become a staple in my bathroom shelf!
Have you used  this product? Did you like it? Let me know in the comments section below!
Think and Stay Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment