Tuesday 27 January 2015

Random Thoughts Vol.10



Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the Indian Republic Day Edition of Three Random Thoughts. So here are 3 random thoughts for this week.....

1. What is your earliest Indian Republic Day memory?

Mine is scrambling to collect the lovely glitter paper squares dropped from helicopters as a welcome to the Indian people at Rajpath, New Delhi. We lived very close by and the papers drifted to our colony with the breeze. How my friends and I tried to get more than the rest. Now they don't make any such drops........... security reasons!!



2. Have you watched the Republic Day Parade live, at the venue?

I have been very lucky to have watched the National Parade in Delhi almost every year as I was growing up. Last 10 yrs or so I have not been able to due to excessive security checks. Though I would like my girls to watch them, Im waiting for them to grow up a bit more!




3. What is your republic Day ritual?

Nowadays, I watch the parade with my children on TV. And when its time for the fly past, we rush to the terrace. Our house is in in the flight path and we get to see the aircrafts fly towards Rajpath.

In the evenings we go to Rajpath to see the illumination of India Gate and the Rashtrapati Bhawan.









I tag you to answer these questions. You don't have to answer them all. Even one or two would do. Hoping to hear from you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment