Sunday 30 November 2014

Cook With Me: Easy Peasy Chilli Chicken

Hi All !

I learnt this recipe from a friend and when I tried it at home,my family loved it, especially my kids!! So I wanted to share this recipe with you.

What you need:

1. 500g of boneless chicken cut into cubes


2. 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste


Sprinkling of salt

3. 2  eggs beaten


4. 2-3 tbsp of cornflour

5. Bell Peppers in all three colours cut in squares

6. 10 Button mushrooms halved

7. 2 medium sized onions quartered and separated 



8. Dash of the following:
a. soy sauce
 b. green chilli sauce
c.  sweet red chilli sauce
d.  mustard sauce
e.  tomato ketchup

9.  Oil for frying

10. 2 dry red chillies.

Method:

  1. Marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste and a dash of salt and keep aside for an hour.
  2. Beat two whole eggs and mix in with the marinated chicken.  
  3. Heat the oil, coat the chicken one by one into the cornflower and fry until golden brown. Remove from flame.

  4. In the remaining oil throw in some broken dry red chillies and add the onion. Fry till its edges caramelise.

  5. Add the vegetables and saute for a couple of minutes,till the vegetables have cooked but still have their crunch.
  6. Add a dash of all the sauces listed above. Do not add any salt at this stage, the sauces have plenty.

  7. Add the chicken, give it a stir. Remove from flame and serve hot with steamed rice or breads.

 As usual the husband could not wait for me to plate the food and enjoyed it straight from the wok!!

 Do try it out and tell me how it went for you. Did your family like it? If you tried a variation, do let me know so I can try it out too!!

Lots of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment