Sunday 29 June 2014

Product Review: Maybelline New York Clear Glow Shine Free Clear Stick in #02 Radiance, Swatch and FOTD

Hello Beautiful!

Today I am going to review the Maybelline New York Clear Glow Shine Free  Clear Stick in #02 Radiance. I have been using this product for a while now and I love it for how handy it is! This product comes in 2 shades in India, Fawn and Radiance. Fawn is for deeper skin tones, whereas Radiance is for fair to medium.








 



Product Claim:
Move on to the new generation of concealers with Maybelline Clear Glow BB stick. The specialized mineral clay formula gives 12 hour shine control. Since it has SPF 21 and PA++ you get effective sun protection. It instantly evens our skin tone and gives a radiant matte finish. Sleek and handy, the Maybelline BB stick is going to win your heart.
Feature:
  • Evens out skin tone
  • Special mineral clay formula
  • Infused with SPF 21 and PA+++
  • Dermatologically tested
  • Suitable for all skin types
  • Gives a matte finish
  • Sweat and sebum resistant
  • Maybelline Clear Glow BB stick is dermatologically tested, therefore no itching or allergies. Just one swipe and you are good to go. It blends flawlessly and hides open pores and uneven pigmentation.

    Price of product: INR 250 for 10 grams of product.
    Packaging: Twist-up in plastic casing


    My Take On the Product:  

    Many years ago, when I had just started working, I had bought a stick foundation called Maybelline Express makeup 3-in-1, which was a combination of sunscreen, foundation and compact. That product also came in a twist up format in a plastic and metal casing. I was very fond of it and used up many of them. Interestingly, it came in 6 or 7 shades. Some years ago,Maybelline discontinued the product. Since then I moved on to other products.



    When I heard of the Clear Glow BB Stick, I went shopping for it. I was surprised to see the product only in two shades. Though both these shades can cover a fairly wide range of Indian skin tones. The formula is very similar to the Express 3-in-1. The improvement is in the SPF factor. Express had only SPF 15, this is SPF 21 and also PA +++, so you may skip sunscreen if you wish.

    The product has a very soft, velvety formula which spreads and blends into the skin easily without too much tugging or pulling. All you need to do is glide the stick over your forehead, nose, cheeks and chin and blend in with your fingers. The formula can give a sheer finish but you can build it up for medium coverage. This product is a true multi-tasker. You may use it as a concealer too. Just dab on a little extra on your problem areas. It works well even in the under-eye area,without settling into the creases. Those beauties with normal to dry skin will not need any powder to set the product. But since I have very oily skin, I need to dab a bit of compact.

    After blending, the product gives a smooth finish to the skin. It evened out my skin tone and gave a soft matte glow. It even makes my pores look less large. 

    This BB Stick has good staying power. For the FOTD I wore the product for 5 hrs. I had no primer underneath, except some oil-free moisturiser. I worked in the kitchen, washing dishes, cooking, including making chapatis (Indian flat bread). I did sweat, but the product did not slide or melt off my face. All I had to do was blot my face with regular tissue paper and I was good to go! I even went out shopping in my local market after that.

    The product though semi-matte, does not dry out the skin, or settle into pores and creases. However, those with dry skin should moisturise their skin before product application.

    At this price point, the BB Stick is an absolutely brilliant product!! Its a great budget product for young college goers. It can even work as a foundation. In fact I have used it instead of foundation when Im travelling and meet people for dinners etc. Its a must-have for summers!

    The only down side is the limited range of 2 shades. Maybelline must add more shades to such a wow product.

    Product Swatch


    After Blending







    Pros:
    1. Convenient, sturdy packaging
    2. Smooth, velvety texture
    3. Does not tug or pull at the skin
    4. Does not make skin look patchy (like many mattifying products do) ; makes the skin soft
    5. Blends easily and seamlessly
    6. Gives medium coverage, can be layered
    7. Can double up as concealer.
    8. Brightens skin and evens out skin tone
    9. Diminishes pores and imperfections
    10. Controls oil
    11. Wears well for 5-6 hrs
    12. Doesn’t melt off the skin in hot weather
    13. Contains UVA and UVB protection, so you may skip sunscreen.
    14. Affordably priced!

    Cons:
    1. Only two shades :(

    Overall Score: 4.9/5

    Will I buy this product again? YES!!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment