Thursday 5 June 2014

Easy Peasy Everyday Smokey Eye for Absolute Beginners (like me)!!

Hi Everyone!!

For the longest time my make up routine consisted of sunblock/mattifying lotion, eyeliner/kohl and lipstick. Its only in the recent months that I have looked at more possibilities in this area. But still, my focus remains on easy, minimum fuss makeup.

So today, I'm going to do a picture tutorial on a very easy smokey eye. I was just playing around with some new makeup and wanted a look that could be carried everyday at work or college, or even a relaxed dinner at a close friend's home. It is a minimal look that can be carried day or night. It is really no fuss and you dont need any sophisticated and expensive makeup tools for this look.

So here goes......

Products used:

a. Oriflame Nude and Grey eyeshadow pallette
b. Maybelline Hyper Curl Volum Express Mascara
c. Florelle Kajal Eye Pencil - Black (you can use any soft kajal pencil which will smudge easily and won't drag your eyelids too much)
d. A flat eyeshadow brush

Step 1:

Clean your eyes, apply primer if you wish (I did not). If you have under-eye dark circles you may apply your favourite concealer. Since mine aren't too noticeable, I skipped that step too.

Step 2:
Apply the kajal/kohl pencil on your upper and lower lash line and also along the lower water line. Don't worry about neatness, we have to smudge it in any case!

Step 3:


 
Lightly smudge the kajal/kohl with either your fingers or a cotton ear-bud, along both, top and bottom lash lines.

Step 4: 

Then with the flat eyeshadow brush apply a wash of the deepest gray eyeshadow that you have along the upper eyelid, from the inner to the outer corner. Blend in with your kajal/kohl.


Step 5: 

Now sweep your darkest brown eye shadow and sweep it just above the grey eyeshadow. Blend the two shadows so its a graduation of colour rather than a sharp differentiation. I did not take the brown shadow upto the crease of the upper lid to avoid creasing of the eyeshadow along the upper eyelid.

Step 6: 

Apply a sheer wash (lightly)of the same brown eyeshadow close to your lower lash line.

Step 7:


Just add a touch of white eyeshadow or a tiny bit of highlighter to the inner corner of your eye to brighten them up.

Step 8: 




Complete the look with some mascara and you are good to go. You may want to reapply the kajal/kohl for a bolder definition. I didn't since I wanted this soft look.

Ladies, if I can do it,so can you. Try it today and tell me how it went for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment