Tuesday 14 January 2014

Product Rview: Mary Kay® Extra Emollient Night

This pic is from the Mary Kay website (my product sample was very small and I was having trouble photographing it)

Today I am going to review a product sample (11 grams) that I received in my Velvette Bag, now called Fabbag. It is the Mary Kay Extra Emolient Night Cream.

Let us first look at what the brand says about this product:



Helps maintain the natural moisture of the skin and replenishes hydration in very dry areas.
  • Excellent for dry patches, especially on hands, elbows and feet.
  • Suitable for all skin types.
  • Clinically tested for skin irritancy and allergy.
  • Non-comedogenic (will not clog pores).
  • Hypoallergenic.
Factors like temperature, humidity, age and hormones can upset the skin’s moisture balance. Experts recommend optimal moisturization for all skin types to leave skin soft, smooth and youthful-looking. Mary Kay® Extra Emollient Night Cream, a fragrant, translucent moisturizing cream, helps maintain the natural moisture of the skin and replenishes hydration in dry areas. It is excellent for dry patches, especially on hands, elbows and feet.

Application Tips

  • Apply a small amount to clean skin after your regular moisturizer as needed (only use in the evening).
  • For added hydration, dampen skin with water prior to applying.

How It Works

Mary Kay® Extra Emollient Night Cream forms a protective shield to minimize moisture evaporation and allow increased hydration of dry areas, especially hands, elbows, knees and feet.

Key Ingredients

  • Petrolatum is an emollient that helps to maintain the soft, smooth and supple appearance of the skin.

Product price: INR: 868/- approx. for  60 grams of product
 Product Swatches:



After Blending
My Experience:

When I first saw the product in my Velvette/Fab Bag, I thought it was a night cream for the face!! When I opened the tube and squeezed some product out, I was a bit puzzled........ looked somewhat like vaseline. I then visited the Brand website and found the above description. Hmmmmmmm........ it really is petroleum jelly.... Guess what the Key ingredient PETROLATUM is defined by dictionaries thus:  

petrolatum (ˌpɛtrəˈleɪtəm)

n
(Elements & Compounds) a translucent gelatinous substance obtained from petroleum; used as a lubricant and in medicine as an ointment base and protective dressing. Also called: mineral jelly or petroleum jelly.
 
Pros: 
1. All the benefits of petroleum jelly  
 
Cons:
1. Really overpriced for being just that, Petroleum jelly 
 
Product rating: 2/5, really only because it works just as well as Vaseline or any other brand of petroleum jelly. It loses 3 points for being so expensive!!

Will I buy this product? I've got my fav Vaseline, why should I bother with this?

Do you agree? let me know!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment