Monday 6 January 2014

Product Review: Arish Ayurvedic Haldi Neem Face Pack

Hello again!

I'll be doing another product review today. I bought Arish Ayurvedic Haldi Neem Face Pack in June 2013 and I have been using this face pack off and on since then.
Pic from the co.website
Product Claim:

Indication: It helps to skin glow making it fairer and brighter, barnaprasadhak.

Directions for use: Apply evenly all over the face & neck, keep it for 15 minutes and wash with water. Use daily for better result 


This product comes in a 50 g jar and is priced at INR 180/-

It is ready to use in a soft paste form, so you can slap it on straight from the jar!

Lets look at the ingredients:
This is the jar I purchased in June 2013. I think they have changed the packaging since.
Properties of the Ingredients:
  1. Haridra/Root Turmeric: anti-aging, moisturizing, antioxidant, astringent and antimicrobial properties.                                                                                               
  2. Daruharidra/ tree turmeric: Detoxifying                                                                         
  3. Saurashtri Mrittika/Multani Mitti: rich in magnesium chloride which helps to reduce acne,sweat resistant, oil-absorbing, improves blood circulation, anti tan properties.                                                                                
  4. Neem: anti- bacterial, anti- parasitic, anti- fungal, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, a boon for those with oily and acne prone skin.                                                                                                                            
  5. Shwetchandan/ white sandalwood: used to treat various skin conditions including dryness, eczema, itchiness, and rashes.                                                                                   
  6. Polysorbate 20: used as an emulsifier to combine oil and water, said to be soothing to the skin.                                                                                                            
  7. Carbomer: the compound is used as a thickener and emulsion stabiliser.                                                                                   
  8. Propelyne Glycol: Propylene glycol is a humectant, which means it helps the skin to absorb moisture. It helps to carry the water-based ingredients into the skin                                                                                                         
  9. Bentonite:  Bentonite provides an active thickening substance for shampoos, calamine lotions, facial creams, and lipsticks, where it keeps the preparations in homogenous form, maintains the moisture levels, and applies non-greasy stickiness.                                                                                                                     
  10. Sodium Banzoate: food preservative                                                                                                       
  11. Mixed fruit:  I wonder what fruits??                                                                                                                      
The actual product



My experience:
 I liked the no-fuss packaging, however, the screw top cap seemed too loose (I hope it was only a one off and not all jar caps are loose!!). A great part is that it is ready-to-use paste, so its very convenient to carry around, especially when traveling and you don't always have a bowl to mix your dry packs in!
I love to stick my nose in and sniff my beauty products and I liked the gentle sandalwoody smell. The consistency was good, not runny and not too thick........ very emollienty. However, it tends to dry out a  bit over time. I put some rosewater into the jar to moisten it again. It spread quite beautifully over my face.
Application
After washing off pack. No make-up n nice glow!
I kept it on till it dried,which would be about 20 minutes. After washing off with plain water, this is what I got!! Lovely dewy soft glow. I am wearing no make up, not even a moisturiser. This photo was taken in natural light inside my room, facing the window, no flash.

I just love how my skin feels after using it. The product advice is to use everyday, but I have used it only once a week to 10 days. I always use this when I have to go out for a special function. The make-up sits much better on my skin.

Pros:
1. Ready to use.
2. Great smell
3. Good consistency
4. easy to spread on skin
5. Does not dry out skin too much
6. Gives a lovely glow
7. Great skin pick me up before a party.
8. Affordable. Lasts for about 3 months if used weekly.

Cons: 
1. Packaging can be better.
2. Availability outside West Bengal is an issue.

Overall Rating: 4.8/5, only because of availability issues, or else I would have given it a 5/5!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I have extremely sensitive skin and I am quite skeptical about using any new product on my face. However I quite like this haldi and neem face pack review. Is this product available online?

    ReplyDelete